As procrastination and relaxation from Frost Flowers & Leaves, I’ve been working on Knitty’s Sheldon the Turtle. It’s a pretty easy and very adaptable pattern and so far it’s been fun to do. Here is the body before stuffing:
I realized shortly after I posted the below photo of the turtle shell that I forgot an entire increase row, so I ended up re-doing it. I didn’t like the way the purl bumps looked on the shell, so I decided to make them all knits.
As per the pattern, I used KnitPicks Shine Sport, which was bright and colorful but tended to get a bit splitty and did a fair bit of shedding.
All in all, I was reminded of how much I enjoy working with wool and silk! Good thing I still have a zillion rows to go on the old FF&L.